A piña colada is a special kind of mixed cocktail. It is usually made of rum, coconut cream, and pineapple juice. It is usually served either blended or shaken with ice. It may be garnished with either a pineapple wedge, a maraschino cherry, or both. Piña colada is the national drink of Puerto Rico.
There are many claims to be the first to invent the piña colada. Bartender Ramon “Monchito” Marrero is claimed to be the inventor over fifty years ago by the Puerto Rican government. But there are three places in Puerto Rico that claim to be the home of the Piña Colada. There was also a version made in Cuba as early as 1922.
• 1frozen banana
• 1/2cup frozen mango chunks
• 1/2cup frozen riced cauliflower
• 1 1/2cups Pacific Foods™ Organic Coconut Unsweetened Plant-Based Beverage
• 1tablespoon coconut butteror coconut butter
• 3tablespoons fresh mango
• 1/2banana, sliced
• 1/4cup fresh raspberries
• 3tablespoons dried sweetened coconutflakes
• 1tablespoon chia seeds
• Add all smoothie ingredients to a highspeed blender. Blend on high for 45-60 seconds, or until smoothie is thick and creamy. Pour into a bowl and top with mango, banana, raspberries, coconut flakes, and chia seeds. Enjoy!